Send SMS node will enable bot builders to send instant notification on the mobile phone of the desired recipient. Bot creator has to configure an SMS account with SMS providers and then update on the MyBOT portal. This functionality will also allow bot creators to send SMS to multiple numbers at once if their service provider allows them to.
Send SMS Node is available in MyBOT’s Enterprise Plan.
SMS node is available in Add a node modal’s Integration section.
2. How it Works
2.1 Supported SMS Service Providers
MyBOT supports allowing you to send SMS using two of the leading SMS Service providers across the world. These are:
2.2 Add New Account
There are two ways of connecting your SMS provider account to MyBOT.
- Connect your account from the Integration tab.
2. Connecting your account from the Send SMS node.
Once the node is selected, a user can select from a saved account or configure a new account with details provided from the service provider.
2.3 Setting up SMS Service Provider
As part of adding a new account, you have to complete providing the details for the service that would be used to send SMS. As mentioned earlier, MyBOT supports Twilio and Clickatell for the same. See below for specific values to be configured for both of them:
2.3.1 Configuring a Twilio account
1. In account name please add the name of the account user, as saved in the account details on Twilio.
2. Account SID: This is provided by Twilio and is unique for every account, user can find it on their Twilio dashboard
3. Auth Token: This is provided by Twilio and is unique for every account, user can find it on their Twilio dashboard
2.3.2 Configuring a Clickatell account
When an account is registered with Clickatell, a user is provided with a unique API key. In the accounts name please add the user’s name in which the account is registered.
2.4 Setting up the Node
1. Once the configuration is done. SMS node will open, here you can add the recipient’s number ( Twilio supports only one number at a time and (Multiple numbers can be added comma-separated when using Clickatell as a service provider)
2. This can also be taken in an attribute in the bot flow. In the message section, one can write the message or take it in the form of attributes in the bot flow.
3. In the message section, one can write the message already or take it in the form of attributes in the bot flow.