Advanced NLP and NLU have enabled the bots to give a human touch to responses provided by the system. However, there are cases where a bot is unable to answer the queries of a user or a user wants to talk to a human agent. To address this need we have the Live Chat Feature in MyBOT. When live chat is enabled in the bot flow, the control for replying to user queries is transferred from the bot to an available human agent. The agent can switch the bot back on once the conversation is over.
Live Chat is available for our customers on the Enterprise Plan or higher. The owner can access the Live Chat capabilities from under the “ Conversations ” section in the navigation.
1.2 Other Relevant References
For your employees to be able to handle Live Chat Requests they can be invited to the Bot as users with Agent Role.
2.1 Invoke Live Chat in your bot flow
Before your agents start using the Live Chat capability, you need to set up the Conversation Flows for your Bot to transfer the control to your support agents. There are two methods to invoke live chat during the bot flow.
- Trigger Path: You could use Trigger Path Node from anywhere in the flow to invoke the standard system path called Live Chat. This would trigger live chat without setting the category.
- Set Live Chat Category: This is the recommended approach since it allows you to set the category for the conversation while triggering live chat.
Click on add new node and Select Set Live chat category node Select the option to Trigger Live Chat
2.2 Using Categories in Live Chat
MyBOT allows you to set up a Support Team with a focus on different areas and capabilities. You can set up your Support Agents to have access to a limited set of queries by having them focus on specific categories only. There are two aspects to this –
- Setting up Agents to focus on Queries from a specific Category – For this, while inviting a new user to the bot as an Agent, specify the categories that you would want them to focus on.
- Setting up the Conversation Category before triggering the Live Chat. For this, while building the conversation flow, you can use the node Set Live Chat Category to assign a category for that conversation. This can be done at any point in the conversation flow before triggering the Live Chat path.
You can set up your Live Chat to handle agent availability, maximum number of conversations allowed, auto assign requests to available agents and more. See the instructions below to learn more about the available configuration options.
3.1 Agent Availability
You can configure a time duration for the availability of your agents. In case you don’t have any time restriction you can select the option that says 24×7 this will ensure that you are available on live chat for your customers, round the clock. This setting overrides the individual agent availability options.
Notifications are sent out whenever a live chat request is triggered. Notifications are generated when –
- A chat is assigned to an agent
- A new chat request is added to the common queue. The notification, in this case, is generated for all the agents of the relevant category.
Two kinds of notifications could be generated for each such relevant event –
- Portal Notifications A message of a new live chat request is displayed on the notification bell.
- Email Notifications You can enable Email Notifications for your agents by selecting the option to Send Email
When a live chat request is assigned to an agent then the agent will get an email notification with a Transcript of the chat. The transcript will contain the last 20 messages or 5 minutes of conversation, whichever is less.
3.3 Maximum Conversations
This is the maximum number of conversations an agent can pick up at a time. Once defined an agent will not get more requests once the assigned number is reached. Example: If maximum number conversations are fixed at 6 an agent will only get a maximum of 6 active conversations at a time. Only once the number reaches five or below can a new request be assigned to the agent
3.4 Transition to Live Chat Message
This message is displayed in the bot flow when a live chat request is triggered. A custom message can be configured by the bot builder.
3.5 Auto Routing to automatically assign requests to Agents
Auto routing is the method of assigning live chat requests to agents according to the conversation category, available agents and prior conversations. This helps in managing support requests effectively and efficiently. You can enable Auto Routing by selecting the option “Enable Auto Routing”.
Once Enabled, the system will retrieve a list of agents available in the category of each incoming live chat request. In case there is no available agent, the chat request is handled as per the defined configuration for “Handling Unavailable Agents”. If agents are available, but all of them are busy to the extent of maximum conversations allowed, then the incoming request will be added to the common queue. In this situation, once an agent is available, the chat is then assigned automatically to that agent. Preferential Assignment You could also opt to give preference to the earlier agents who had conversed with the returning customer by selecting the option to prefer the previous agent.
In this case, if there is a returning user then the system will first look for the agent who handled the request in the most recent conversation of the user. If that agent is not available then it will be assigned to the next available agent. Note: The above scenario will be applicable only when the returning user requests live chat under the same Category as of previous conversation. Auto Assign On Delay You can also define how long a newly assigned request is allowed to stay with an agent without being handled specifically. Use the option to set “Reassign on Delay” for this.
If a request is assigned to an agent and the agent fails to handle the request within the idle time, it will be re-routed to other available agents for the conversation category.
3.6 Interactions Tracking
Conversations will have three categories –
- All conversations
- Active Live chat
- New Live Chat Requests
The following states will be known for any end user based on the kind of interaction they are having
- Automated with bot: If conversation is happening with the bot
- Active: If conversation is happening with an Agent
Within Automated there will be two more categories :
- Automatically closed: If conversation with an agent was auto resolved due to remaining active for more than 7 days
- Resolved by agent: If conversation with an agent was resolved by an MyBOT admin/agent
All conversations will be available only to the Owner, Admin, Executive.
3.7 Custom Filters
Sometimes there is a need for the owner to locate a chat of a particular user and if there is a vast amount of data it would become a tiring task to scroll down through the chats and find it manually hence with our new custom filters this task will become a child’s play.
There are a set of predefined categories present.
- New Users (Today) – This will display the chats of the users who have joined today.
- Active Recently – The users who have been in active conversation with the bot in the past 7 days.
- All Active Live chats – This category will display to you all the active live chats of the users.
- All Active Live chats with the bot – In this section all the chats which are being handled by the agent or administrator OR if the agent or admin has turned the “ Switch to bot ” feature.
- All Conversations – Under this category all the conversations of all the users will be displayed.
If the Owner isn’t satisfied with the above filters they can create their own custom filters which will help them achieve their exact use case.
The custom filters can be created in two ways –
You can use the attribute values and conditions such as AND and OR, you can select the custom button to create your own conditions too.
You can customise these fields according to your choice and the bot will fetch you the appropriate results.
1. Status – This will allow you to filter out the chats based on their status, we have three options present in this category.
Open – The chats which are in an ongoing process.
Resolved – The chats which have been resolved by the agents.
Automatically closed – The chats which were closed due to inactivity after 7 days.
2. Category – You can also define the categories according to which you want to filter out the results.
3. Last conversed – This category has predefined options of 24, 30. 60 and 90 days. You can also filter out based on the last active time by setting up your own time filter.
4. Handled by, Resolved by and Transferred by – The owner can add either the customer name, agent name or their email id.
Apart from these settings we are also providing a new tab which would enable you to download the interactions of the users for the past 90 days. The downloaded file will be available under the Export History menu in the form of a csv file. You can also refresh any chat directly from this menu. The menu will be displayed in the form of three vertical dots beside the All conversations option.
4. How it Works
4.1 Live Chat Notification
Live Chat provides a real time notification on the browser for your users to know whenever a new request for Live Chat has come in. The sections below explain various aspects of this notification
- In the title bar Once a live chat request is received a notification is received in the title bar. Number of live chat requests are shown in parentheses in the title bar.
- Notification message on the portal There is a notification message when a live chat request is received on bell icon on top right side of the portal.
- Sound Notification Sound notification comes if the sound has not been disabled in your browser. This helps gain attention of an agent/admin in case of inactive window
- Email Notification When a live chat request is received and is placed in the queue, an email is triggered to all agents of that category. If the chat is assigned to an agent then the email will be sent to only that agent. The email will contain the transcript of the chat.
4.2 Pick live chat request
The most important aspect of the capability is for your Support agents to be able to see incoming requests for Live Chat and be able to answer those. Only the Live Chat requests corresponding to a Support Agent’s categories will show up here. See the sections below for details:
- New Requests All-new live chat requests that have not been taken up by any agent are listed here. Click on Respond to take up the request.
- Active Chats Once a live chat request is taken up it shows in Active Chats and your agent can respond from here.
- Auto Assignment If you want the live chat requests to be assigned automatically then you can enable auto-routing from the configure tab. Auto Assignment of chat requests functions as explained above.
4.3 Handling an active chat
In an active chat, an agent can respond to the bot user’s queries and can also attach files if needed. An agent can
- Mark resolved
This closes the chat request and a bot user will have to trigger it again to connect to the agent.
- Transfer Chat
An agent can transfer the chat to another active agent
- Switch to Bot
An agent can switch the chat back to the bot. This doesn’t resolve the chat request and the agent can still see it in his active chats.
- Download Transcript
A user may request the agent to share the chat transcript with them or an agent may want to keep the transcript as a log. It can be downloaded by using this button. This provides complete chat history available irrespective of active session
4.4 User information
An agent can now view user information on the right side of the live chat window. An agent can select the information to view. An agent can add system attributes in visibility mode which contain IP Address and location information. An agent can also add custom attributes to the information panel.
To configure user details click on configure on top right of the chat window and select the attributes to be visible.
Note: System attributes available to a user are based on Subscription Plan
4.5 Agent Availability
Agents can mark themselves available or unavailable to take in new Live Chat Requests. This can be done from the Active chats Flow.
4.6 Review Transcripts for Resolved Chats
Transcripts for any completed conversations can be viewed or downloaded by
- Reviewing individual conversation of a single user: This can be done by visiting the Users Flow & then clicking on a single user to view the entire conversation in one place.
- Downloading Interaction History from Users Screen: On the users screen, you can opt to Export Interactions. This will export all interactions from last 90 days with all users
5. Human Takeover
Besides routing specific requests to Live Chat, as an administrator, you also have the option to review any ongoing conversation with a bot and take it over for direct conversation with the customer. This option is also available from the Users Listing Screen as well as the User Details screen.
From either of these screens, if you opt for Live Chat for an ongoing conversation between a user & a bot, the conversation would be transferred to you as the admin. From this point onwards it would work like a normal Live Chat conversation.